By Sayre, L.E.
Read Online or Download A Manual of Organic Materia Medica and Pharmacognosy: An Introduction to the Study of the Vegetable Kingdom and the Vegetable and Animal Drugs (with Syllabus of Inorganic Remedial Agents) Comprising the Botanical and Physical Characteristics, Source, Cons PDF
Best medicine books
The colour Atlas of illnesses and issues of farm animals is the tested and revered illustrated advisor to the total diversity of stipulations encountered in farm animals around the world. For this new version the atlas has been redesigned to give over 840 color illustrations and clearer than ever assurance of stipulations, with a distinct emphasis on ease of use.
Written by means of across the world well known specialists, this quantity is a suite of chapters facing imaging prognosis and interventional remedies in stomach and pelvic ailment. different subject matters are disease-oriented and surround the entire correct imaging modalities together with X-ray expertise, nuclear medication, ultrasound and magnetic resonance, in addition to image-guided interventional strategies.
Because the first anguish supplicant provided a prayer to his god or the 1st mom cradled an in poor health baby in her being concerned hands, we've got witnessed how human wellbeing and fitness and therapeutic is going past any stock of components and infusion of chemical compounds. We people are a posh melding of concept, emotion, spirit, and effort and every of these parts is as serious to our health as our physiological prestige.
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma - Basic Research
- Arteriovenous Access Surgery: Ensuring Adequate Vascular Access for Hemodialysis
- Indian Herbal Remedies: Rational Western Therapy, Ayurvedic and Other Traditional Usage, Botany
- Inherited Metabolic Diseases: A Clinical Approach
- Neuroimaging Pharmacopoeia
Additional resources for A Manual of Organic Materia Medica and Pharmacognosy: An Introduction to the Study of the Vegetable Kingdom and the Vegetable and Animal Drugs (with Syllabus of Inorganic Remedial Agents) Comprising the Botanical and Physical Characteristics, Source, Cons
43. —BARLEY. The fruit of Hor'deum dis'tichum Linné, a common cultivated cereal indigenous to Western Asia. About 15 mm. ) long, tapering at the ends, on one side traversed by a longitudinal groove along which the grayish-yellow palea or husk is coalesced with the smooth, pale brown testa; underneath the testa is a layer of gluten surrounding the central starchy parenchyma. Nutritive. 43a. HORDEUM, or pearl barley, is the fruit deprived of its brown integuments. 43 b. IX). Prepared from the fruit of Hordeum distichum Linné by soaking, and then allowing fermentation to proceed until the young embryo is nearly the length of the fruit; the fruit is then dried in the sun and afterward kiln-dried in order to kill the germ.
23a. —OIL OF JUNIPER. A colorless or greenish-yellow volatile oil, with a strong, terebinthinate odor and a hot, acrid taste. 865. It consists of pinene, C10H16, cadinene, and juniper camphor. OFFICIAL PREPARATIONS. ) Dose: 30 drops (2 mils). Spiritus Juniperi Co. ) Dose: 2 fldr. (8 mils). 24. —OIL OF CADE (Oleum Juniperi Empyreumaticum) JUNIPER TAR OIL An empyreumatic, oily liquid obtained from the heart-wood of Junip'erus oxyce'drus Linné, by dry distillation in ovens. —A tree 10 to 12 feet high, with spreading top and drooping twigs.
3 mil). 3 mil). 61. —CEVADILLA. The seeds of Vera'trum sabadil'la Schlechtendal, and of Asagraæ officinalis Lindley. Habitat: Mexico. They occur in commerce mixed with the fruit, which consists of three thin, papery, acuminate follicles, nearly erect, united at the base, opening by a ventral suture, and appearing like a single three-celled capsule. Each follicle contains one or two narrow, oblong or lance-linear seeds, about 6 mm. ) long, dark brown or blackish, longitudinally shriveled, slightly winged, flat on one side, convex on the other, somewhat curved; apex pointed; the thin testa incloses a discolored, oily albumen, in the broader end of which is the small, linear embryo; inodorous; taste bitter, oily, strongly and persistently acrid.