By Barry Dorrans
Starting ASP.NET safety is for amateur to intermediate ASP.NET programmers and gives a step by step way to securing every one region of ASP.NET improvement. instead of imminent safety from a theoretical course, MVP Barry Dorrans exhibits you examples of ways daily code could be attacked, and describes the stairs worthy for cover. inside of, you are going to find out how you could safeguard your ASP.NET functions utilizing the .NET framework, styles and most sensible practices, code libraries and assets supplied via Microsoft and others.
Read Online or Download Beginning ASP.NET Security PDF
Best comptia books
Advances in expertise are inflicting new privateness issues as a growing number of electorate are conducting on-line actions. suggestions and purposes for complex info privateness and safety: rising Organizational, moral, and Human matters presents an intensive figuring out of matters and matters in details expertise protection.
Human components and usefulness matters have regularly performed a constrained position in safety study and safe platforms improvement. safety specialists have mostly neglected usability issues--both simply because they generally didn't realize the significance of human elements and since they lacked the services to deal with them.
The fundamental consultant to SAP safety and Audit suggestions With seventy five+ protection necessities, FAQs, and step-by-step Examples It' s transparent that defense and audit are one of the such a lot difficult parts in SAP studying should be tricky. SAP protection necessities is an instantaneous solution to the necessity for useful safeguard details for SAP clients, experts, and bosses.
Details defense can't be successfully controlled except safe tools and criteria are built-in into all stages of the data safeguard lifestyles cycle. And, even though the foreign group has been aggressively engaged in constructing defense criteria for community and knowledge safety around the globe, there are few textbooks to be had that offer transparent assistance on easy methods to safely observe the hot criteria in carrying out safety audits and developing risk-driven details defense courses.
- The Corporate Security Professional's Handbook on Terrorism
- Cisco Press - Router Security Strategies
- VoIP Handbook: Applications, Technologies, Reliability, and Security
- SSL Remote Access VPNs (Network Security) , 1st Edition
- A+ Certification Exam Cram 2 (Exam Cram 220-301, Exam Cram 220-302) (2nd Edition)
- Security Considerations in Lotus Notes And Domino 7: Making Great Security Easier to Implement
Extra resources for Beginning ASP.NET Security
Defense in Depth Never rely on a single point of defense. Your application is often the last layer between an attacker and back-end systems such as a database or a ﬁ le server, which, in turn, may be connected to a corporate network. If your application is hacked, then these systems may be exposed to the attacker. By using several layers of defensive techniques in your application such as input validation, secure SQL construction, and proper authentication and authorization, your application will be more resilient against attack.
3. 4. 5. 6. 7. Gather security requirements. Secure the design. Incorporate threat modeling. Perform code reviews. Perform penetration tests. Secure the deployment of the application. Integrate feedback into the next iteration of the development cycle. Security is considered with every step in the development process, including the requirements gathering — after all, it is cheaper to ﬁ x potential problems during design and development than it is after a breach has taken place. One of the most difﬁcult aspects of building secure software is analyzing the threats against your application, and which areas of your system represent the highest risks.
For example, if the hosting platform is Windows, the database used by an application hosted on it is very likely Microsoft SQL Server. From there, attackers will look at the pages available to them and the parameters sent with each page, either in the URL or via HTML forms. The hacker will start to change the values to see what happens, and to see if an error can be triggered or a common exploit exposed. id=12345 can be changed to letters to see if it causes an error. If an error is displayed, the error information may give away information about the underlying application.