By Susan Anderson-Freed
Traditional Scandinavian and Icelandic designs are given new existence within the tasks present in Nordic Knitting Traditions. 25 initiatives function unique floral, celebrity, feather and geometric motifs, all knit in clean and glossy shades. With a various selection of hats, tams, mittens, gloves, socks, knee-highs and legwarmers, you can find lots of jaw-dropping, colourful components to knit for your self and those you love.
- Thoughtful development and full-color charts make those designs effortless to knit.
- Variations for knitting mittens and gloves in methods and extending socks into knee-highs, in addition to totally charted replacement colorways, let you in attaining personalized looks.
- "Complete the glance" directions advisor you to styles that fit, making it effortless to create coordinating accessories.
- Tips and methods for sizing, building and relaxing knitting assist you knit goods that may turn into kinfolk heirlooms.
Read Online or Download Nordic Knitting Traditions: Knit 25 Scandinavian, Icelandic and Fair Isle Accessories PDF
Best knitting books
A e-book of inventive and sensible knitting tasks, all with a backyard flavour for knitters and garden-lovers alike.
Mix impressive colours and textures with 25 fashionable designs to create extraordinary add-ons in your homeThe Knitter's Bible: Afghans & Pillows good points an inspiring choice of knitted initiatives to enliven the house, from luxurious afghans and bedspreads to useful cushions and seating. The kinds range from uncomplicated newbie initiatives equivalent to cushions and chunky throws to extra complex bedspreads and textured wall hangings.
Книга посвящена вязанию. 15 забавных шаблонов для вязания крючком, подходит для всех. Она включает в себя иллюстрации, раздел по методу вязания крючком, цветные фотографии и инструкции для руководства. Взрослые и дети будут любить эту коллекцию шапок. Даже в самые холодные дни, ваши модели животных поднимет улыбки.
- Rustic Modern Knits: 23 Sophisticated Designs
- The Mermaid Shawl & other Beauties: Shawls, Cocoons & Wraps
- Lily Chin's Knitting Tips & Tricks: Shortcuts and Techniques Every Knitter Should Know
- PuppyKnits: 12 QuickKnit Fashions for Your Best Friend
- The Knitting Answer Book: Solutions to Every Problem You’ll Ever Face; Answers to Every Question You’ll Ever Ask (2nd Edition)
- Simple Knitting: A Complete How-to-Knit Workshop with 20 Projects
Extra resources for Nordic Knitting Traditions: Knit 25 Scandinavian, Icelandic and Fair Isle Accessories
The leg warmers use worsted-weight yarn while the remaining projects use fingering or sock-weight yarn. The leg warmers use a 50/50 alpaca/wool blend for greater sturdiness. For the remaining projects, any fingering or sock-weight yarn works well. 5cm]), differences in skein yardage produce slight, if any, difference in the finished size of a project. Although I suggest specific yarns for each garment, I’ve knit many of the projects using other yarns. All of the yarns worked well, and there are several fingering-weight yarns that I am eager to try.
On the first rnd of ribbing decrease 3 sts on the maze side and 1 st on the palm side—60 sts. Bind off with Jay. 3oz/150g, 492yds/450m) in Snow. JENNY’S MAZE GLOVES CHART ALTERNATE COLORWAY - FINGER CORRUGATED RIBBING PATTERN Rnds 1–4: K2 Mare, p2 Nectar. Rnds 5–8: K2 Fig, p2 Latte. Rnds 9–12: K2 Charcoal, p2 Snow. Rnds 13–16: K2 Fig, p2 Latte. Rnds 17–20: K2 Mare, p2 Nectar. GLOVE CONSTRUCTION Note: For each glove, the palm contains the 28 palm-side sts. The back-of-hand side contains the 28 sts from the Finger fronts plus the 3 edge sts each from the Index Finger and the Little Finger (34 sts)—62 sts.
Unlike the usual way of knitting mittens, these thumbs have no apparent closure at the top, and you do not have the weight of the mitten body hanging down while working the thumb. The thumbs are interchangeable between the mittens; simply use the same colors specified for the mitten body. The mitten body, as is true of the thumb, begins with a Turkish cast on—the cast on used for toe-up socks. A three-stitch border of alternating dark and light stitches separates the palm and back of the hand. The crown is knit using increases that occur at each side of the border stitches on the mitten back and palm.