By Lawrence Wai-chung Lai
This e-book is the 1st systematic try and introduce the present perform and facts of city making plans in Hong Kong.
Read or Download Town Planning Practice: Context, Procedures and Statistics for Hong Kong PDF
Best environmental & natural resources law books
Hailed within the overseas carrier magazine as "a landmark booklet that are supposed to command the eye of each severe scholar of yankee international relations, overseas environmental matters, or the artwork of negotiation," and stated in Nature for its "worthwhile insights at the harnessing of technological know-how and diplomacy," the 1st variation of Ozone international relations provided an insider's view of the politics, economics, technological know-how, and international relations taken with developing the precedent-setting treaty to guard the Earth: the 1987 Montreal Protocol on components That expend the Ozone Layer.
Combating hazards of serious harm from weather swap not just calls for deep cuts in built kingdom greenhouse gasoline emissions, yet huge, immense quantities of private and non-private funding to restrict emissions whereas selling eco-friendly development in constructing nations. whereas consciousness has interested in emissions obstacles commitments and architectures, the an important factor of what has to be performed to mobilize and govern the mandatory monetary assets has acquired too little attention.
Defense execs converse, at once and in a roundabout way with a number of staff and others every day. whereas now not legal professionals, they often care for criminal concerns. A subset in their duties comprises easy methods to talk about security with no crossing the discriminatory line. to do that, they want an knowing of discrimination legislation.
Reflecting adjustments within the box throughout the ten years because the ebook of the 1st version, constructing a security and health and wellbeing software, moment version examines the weather of a security and overall healthiness application and delineates the best way to include them into an organization’s defense efforts. It starts by means of defining defense coverage and delivering an summary of OSHA and different regulatory organisations.
- Production of Ethanol from Sugarcane in Brazil: From State Intervention to a Free Market (Natural Resource Management and Policy)
- Industrial Safety and Health for Goods and Materials Services: Volume 2 (Handbook of Safety and Health for the Service Industry)
- Decisions of the World Court Relevant to the un Convention on the Law of the Sea:A Reference Guide
- The Right(s) to Water, 2014th Edition
Additional resources for Town Planning Practice: Context, Procedures and Statistics for Hong Kong
F) In processing lease enforcement matters of a site, there is a need for a 10 Context and Procedures lawyer to appreciate the legal implications of statutory plans applicable to the site. (g) A solicitor can help lodge in planning applications, or be involved in matters arising from them. In processing a planning application, review or appeal to a change in use, there is a need to understand the provisions of the Town Planning Ordinance. (h) A solicitor acting for a conveyancing purchaser in exercising due diligence regarding latent defects of the property needs to visit the property before completion with the relevant experts and documents.
6. According to the law governing the Legislative Council elections, a member of the functional constituency is entitled to an extra vote in addition to his or her right to vote as an ordinary citizen. Context and Procedures 30 This market phobia and interventionist outlook is often expressed in debates concerning the misconceived dichotomy between 'public interest' as claimed to be represented by 'the plan' or 'planning' on the one hand and 'private interest' ascribed to 'the market' on the other.
Lai, Lawrence Wai-chung and Ho, Daniel Chi-wing, Planning Buildings for a High-Rise Environment in Hong Kong: A Review of Building Appeal Decisions. Hong Kong: Hong Kong University Press, 2000. Pryor, Edward George, Housing in Hong Kong, 3rd edition. Hong Kong: Oxford University Press, 1983. Yeh, Anthony Gar-on, Bibliography on Socio-Economic Development and Urban The Practical Need to Understand Town Planning 13 Development in Hong Kong. Hong Kong: Centre of Urban Studies and Environmental Management, 1999.